About Me

My photo
First and foremost I am a person of faith. As a Christian I depend on Christ every single day of my life. Having a up and running homestead type situation has been a dream of mine for a very long time. Just didnt really think I would be doing it by myself. Oh well. Anyway, it it partially up, and partially running. Let me mention that I am a single person so I will be doing this alone, sounds like an adventure. Good thing I like a challenge!!!!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Peroxide vs. Bleach




I recieved an e-mail touting the uses of peroxide and thought I would check it out. As we try to go chemical free, or use the least amount of chemicals possible, it really does seem to do more than what we would attempt to use bleach for, while it doesnt have a fresh smell, any smell actually unless you are trying to smell it, it most certainly does not have a toxic odor like bleach does. I cleaned my bathroom with it and like the results. A few other uses...




one capful to rinse mouth a few minutes a day. No more canker sores, teeth will be whiter, may use in place of mouthwash.




clean countertops, sinks, cutting board etc., especially anything you would want to sanitize.




people that have topical fungus infections 50/50 mix w/water in spray bottle, spray over infected area and let air dry.




clean infected wounds, a word of caution, in the hospital we DO NOT use on all wounds. Consult a physcian, or better yet, a physical therapist to see if it is appropiate for your wound.




may add to bath water for boils, fungus etc.




add to tub of water to clean and turn jets on to sanitize whirlpool.




add 1 cup in place of bleach to your whites. May pour directly on stained areas and will not bleach out clothing.




clean mirrors, and glass, streak free.




saturate cottonball and squeeze into childs ear, allow to bubble, will clean buildup from ears.




I am sure the list goes on and on. I found a 32 oz. bottle at the Dollar Store for 99cents. Cant beat the price.

2 comments:

  1. Sunflower,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try some of these.
    Keep go'n on your homestead it will be worth all the efort in the end!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete