About Me

My photo
First and foremost I am a person of faith. As a Christian I depend on Christ every single day of my life. Having a up and running homestead type situation has been a dream of mine for a very long time. Just didnt really think I would be doing it by myself. Oh well. Anyway, it it partially up, and partially running. Let me mention that I am a single person so I will be doing this alone, sounds like an adventure. Good thing I like a challenge!!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Now I get it!


Well, I sure got off to a running start. NOT!! To be perfectly honest, I wasnt sure exactly what a blog was, but now I get it. So, I will attempt, again, to be a blogger. Dont know what I would even think that anyone would be interested in what I have to say or do, but, my goal is, to blog, and to share. So, today, what I want to share is this. UGGs!! This may be one of the best investments I have ever made, and of course, I got them on the cheap! The boots, they were really cute as one time, I have had them for about three years and since the blizzard Christmas of 2009, they have been very dear to my heart. They probably, literally saved my life, seeing as how I was out here, alone, no power, with frozen water pipes, and my car was stuck up on a snow drift and going nowhere. I got the boots for 1/2 price, after buying 10 pair of shoes (easy now, it took about three years) at Metro shoe, you get your card stamped and at 6 pairs you get one 25% of and at 10 pairs you get 50% off. Guess what, I have a filled card again, (it has been 3 years) and I am saving it for another pair of UGGs, a pair that I will keep clean and cute. The gloves and earmuffs, they are wonderful. If my ears get cold, especially, really cold, it is flat out painful. Got them for about 75% off at Dillards, come to think of it, the gloves were too. Originally $160, got the gloves for $40. Had them about 2 years, I think. If you want to live in the country, and have to man up on occasion and get out in the cold UGGs are worth every penny.

3 comments:

  1. "Well, I sure got off to a running start. NOT!! To be perfectly honest, I wasnt sure exactly what a blog was, but now I get it. So, I will attempt, again, to be a blogger. Dont know what I would even think that anyone would be interested in what I have to say or do, but, my goal is, to blog, and to share."

    Glad you decided to continue with the blog. You are in a perfect place to write about your efforts to be self-reliant, to teach others about doing it yourself and getting back to a simpler way of life, a frugal and meaningful life. We all strive for independance and will watch and learn from your adventure.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, thank you so much for all your kind words and inspiration! Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to buy Koolaburra boots, which are made in New Zealand. Uggs are actually made in China now.

    ReplyDelete